The conventional advice to help you get through winter is to “think warm thoughts”. We can’t think of any warmer thoughts than to start planning right now to visit the Whitchurch-Stouffville Strawberry Festival this summer. Just talking about it makes us feel warmer!
Now in its 36th year, the popular Strawberry Festival is one more reason why Stouffville houses for sale are tough to find. The entire community comes together, volunteers and sponsors alike, to make the Canada Day weekend an unforgettable celebration of everything strawberries and summertime.
Your Stouffville Strawberry Festival Planner
Here are just a few details about this year’s festival to help you start planning and banish the winter blues.
- When – The Festival starts the weekend before Canada Day, June 26th to 28th and continues on Canada Day, July 1st.
- Where – While activities are centred around Memorial Park and Main Street, you’ll find activities all around town and up to Musselman’s Lake.
What to Expect
First of all, with Canada Day falling in the middle of the week, all indications are that this will be the biggest and best Stouffville Strawberry Festival ever. Events and activities are still being finalized, so here are just some of the favourite activities and highlights of previous Festivals. By the way, all organized entertainment and kids activities are free!
- Live Music – Starting with the kick-off party in Memorial Park, you can expect live music to be a part of the entire Festival
- Crafters and Food Vendors – With vendor booths along Main Street and down to Memorial Park, plan to find unique gifts and tasty treats in the Festival Market
- Pancake Breakfast – It’s worth getting out of bed for!
- Kids’ Activities – Including lots of carnival rides and games
- Canada Day Fireworks – Wrap things up with a bang!
If you’re looking for more things to do in Stouffville, check out our recent article “4 Great Ideas for What to Do in Stouffville”.