If you’ve lived in Markham for a while, Downtown Markham is a welcome expansion of everything Markham has to offer. If you’re looking for Markham houses for sale, then the city’s new Downtown is just one more attraction in what is already a very desirable place to live.
Located in Markham Centre, Downtown Markham is the largest planned mixed-use development in the country. While development began in 2005, it wasn’t until the Cineplex Odeon opened in early 2015 that the area really started fulfilling its role as the urban centre of Markham. Today, Markham Downtown features a great mix of retail space, office space, residential units, restaurants and entertainment options.
The area is also well served by public transit, including York Regional Transit, VIVA and GO transit, and is adjacent to the 407, all of which makes easily accessible by residents all over Markham and the GTA.
Downtown Markham Restaurants
Whether you visit to take a ride on the Pride of Canada carousel on the corner or Birchmount Road and Enterprise Blvd., do some shopping or take in a flick, at some point you’ll be hungry. Here are just a few great options for a delicious meal or quick snack.
- Me Va Me Kitchen Express – If you’re late for the show, Me Va Me is the place for fresh and fast Mediterranean and Middle Eastern specialties, including laffa wraps, baba ganoush and shawarma.
- Good Catch Boil House – If seafood is your thing, the Good Catch is your place. Not only can you enjoy fresh seafood done in Cajun, Creole, Asian and Fusion styles, but you can wash it down with a local craft beer.
- Milestone’s – Looking for a bit of style with North American and Asian flavours? The Downtown Markham Milestone’s is quickly earning a reputation for great service and meals to match.
- Terre Rouge – If Milestone’s is familiar territory, you’re in for a fresh culinary experience at Terre Rouge. From the eclectic ambience to the unique blend of French cuisine, world flavours and local ingredients, get ready to be pleasantly impressed.
- Costa Sorrento – Who doesn’t like great Italian food? Costa Sorrento fits the bill with authentic Italian pizza, pasta and specialties, like their spigola alla griglia (grilled Adriatic sea bass).
If you enjoyed this post, check out our recent article on Unionville coffee shops for the connoisseur.